Our friends Mathias and Megan took us to this truck to eat chimi's. (yes, I said truck) A chimi is similar to a hamburger, but the meat is seasoned. It is also topped with boiled cabbage that is cooked on the grill with tomato. It also has some sort of sauce on it. The buns were toasted. It was yummy. We also had a drink called Mori sonando. Very similar to an orange julius, but kindof creamy. (I thought anyway) We had a lot of fun. But since the truck didn't open up untill 7 P.M (and it was 1/2 hr away) we weren't able to hang out long because Rich had work the next day. The kids were also tired as you can see in the picture. What a fun and great experience! We'll probably do this again soon for a date night!Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Dominican food!
Our friends Mathias and Megan took us to this truck to eat chimi's. (yes, I said truck) A chimi is similar to a hamburger, but the meat is seasoned. It is also topped with boiled cabbage that is cooked on the grill with tomato. It also has some sort of sauce on it. The buns were toasted. It was yummy. We also had a drink called Mori sonando. Very similar to an orange julius, but kindof creamy. (I thought anyway) We had a lot of fun. But since the truck didn't open up untill 7 P.M (and it was 1/2 hr away) we weren't able to hang out long because Rich had work the next day. The kids were also tired as you can see in the picture. What a fun and great experience! We'll probably do this again soon for a date night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Hooray for chimis! Now if only we could find a place other than a laundromat to eat at...
The first time we just ate in our car and I was 9 months pregnant! :)
Awesome. Provo has a lot of cheap, dirty Mexican food haha... it tastes good though- but it's always so shady. Usually the only thing I can understand them saying is "pico?" hehe. Places like that can be really good though. Glad you had fun :-)
oh and ps- I know you didn't have mexican food :-) It was just the only thing I could "relate" to :-)
Post a Comment