Thursday, October 8, 2009
oh so tired!
So the other night I was massaging the "daily dose" of lotion onto Cameron. I kept watching him as his eyes would slowly shut and re-open and shut again. He hasn't fallen asleep during a massage since he was a little baby. He was so adorable! You might ask "isn't that a lot of lotion on him." My answer would be "yes, if they didn't have eczema" I have to slather lotion on him everyday...sometimes multiple times because his skin is so dry and irritating to him. As you can see in the 1st photo, the lotion comes from a jar and I have to scoop it out. This stuff is so thick that I have to use a towel to get it off me. By morning the lotion is usually soaked up and I have to re-apply for the day. I am so grateful for his great health, and I feel so blessed that this is his only "medical" issue we face. I heard a story of a little boy who died of eczema. I was so worried and did some research about how that would happen. Basically, the parents or caregivers of that poor little boy left his skin condition untreated. His skin got infected so badly (probably from scratching a lot) that it took his life. So for us all we need to do is keep up with his lotion applications and when we bathe him we put oatmeal in the bath which calms the skin. At night we usually give him oral medication if he is still irritated by it.







