CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 20, 2010

The past few weeks!

I have a lot to fit in this post and little time, but just wanted to write about the last few weeks before I forget.


Mothers Day was great! Rich took me out to dinner the night before. The food was delish! The next morning Rich let me sleep in and when I got up he had made breakfast. I was excited to get to church because I knew the children were going to be singing.....and it will be Aidan's first time singing with the primary. He didn't sing, but he stood up there in the front with a smile on his face. After they were all done singing, the children left the stand....but Aidan just stood there smiling. It was so cute. We finally went up and brought him back to our seat. In Primary the kids made these cute paper purses with chocolate in them. When Aidan handed the one he made to me he said all in the same sentence "I made this for you, can I have some?" I knew it must have been hard to make it without eating any of the chocolate himself. I will have to post picture of them later....or what's left of them. I am so grateful for my Mom and everything she has done for me. She is the most kind and giving person I have every met. (and I am not just saying that)



This past Sunday, we took Aidan to the Emergency Room. We were at Uncle Jim's house and the kids were playing in the yard. Aidan's eye started to look swollen, he said it was because he was rubbing it. He seemed fine and happy so we didn't check it out any further. Later on my Mother in law was with Aidan it the bathroom with a wet cloth over his eye and said that we should bring him to the hospital. The part around his eyeball was swollen. It looked like a ball was coming out of his eye. I had never seen this before. We brought him to the hospital they put some drops in his eye that made it orange....and then they put this special light over his eye that turned it green. (It aids in getting a better look in his eye) The doctor didn't see anything in there and said he must just be allergic to something outside. She gave him benadryl and sent us on our way. The swelling was down toward the end of the next day. So I guess it was just allergies....I just have never seem the symptoms like that before where they eye swells up under the skin.



All swollen up. He was such a good trooper and cooperated with the nurses and doctors. They kept telling us how great he was.

The swelling has gone down quite a bit in the picture but you can still kind of see the ball in the left corner of his eye. (these are all pics from my phone, surely not the best photos)

The kids were wiped out from the days adventure and took a little snooze on the floor. Cameron was such a little flirt. The nurses station was right outside our room. He kept opening the door to poke his head out to smile at the nurses and then shut it, just to do it all over again. The nurses were amused by him, and couldn't get enough.

0 comments: