CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

New Changes!

There are some new changes going on in the Tanguay Family. First off Rich and I are trying to live and become healthier people. I have started running again (yippee) I joined a beginners running group in Manchester. We meet every tues. and thurs. nights. It is an 8 week program and I am in week 5. At the end we will be running a 5K in Portsmouth and I am really excited to be racing again. I did a few races last season but never really got into it as much as I wanted to. My goal this year is to run the Manchester half marathon in November. This runner's group has been great! I have meet some new people who have some of the same goal as I. I get to focus on me for once and I think that is very important for women with children....or women with any kind of crazy busy life. I want to lose at least 30 lbs by Nov. Rich has been working out a little here and there with his weights in the basement. (He just told me he needs heavier weight the other day!) I will keep you posted on how our goals are coming along.

Second- Rich is starting school June 1st. I think I have posted this before but he is going for an associates degree in HVAC (heating ventilating and air conditioning) We are so excited! Although things are going to be crazy busy. Rich is also thinking about becoming a house inspector. Our Realtor said he should check into it because she thinks he would do great at the job, since he already knows a lot about it. And he could take the course on line. i am so proud of him and know he will do great in school.

Third- We have found a house!!! Finally. It isn't ours yet. It is a short sale (which means the lender is accepting less money then the amount owed on the house) This was created when the economy went south, so that people who couldn't afford the payments on their houses anymore, for whatever reason, wouldn't be foreclosed on.
So we made an offer on this house in Manchester. The sellers accepted our offer and now we are waiting to hear from the lenders. (this could take several months) We are hoping to hear by the end of the month so we can get the $8000 tax credit.

Fourth- I have gone back to work part time at my school as a licensed massage therapist. Things have been busy, but we want to save up as much as we can for the house. (if we get the house)

The boys are doing great and just loving this warm weather. We love going on walks, hikes, going to the park, and riding our bikes in the driveway.

0 comments: