Us at the beginning. Amanda forgot her race bib at home....so she quickly went home to get it, and we were lucky to find each other like a minute before the race started!!!Thursday, December 2, 2010
My first 1/2 marathon
Yes, that's right. I ran my FIRST half marathon early in November. My sis-in-law ran with me. (not only was this her first half, this was her FIRST RACE) This course was very challenging. Several runners said they thought it was harder then the Boston marathon. CRAZY. Some people were doing the relay for the full marathon. They said they would never run the whole thing again b/c of the difficulty of the course. I am glad I only did the half. During training I took a few weeks of b/c of a possible stress fracture and an infected big toe. OUCH. My doctor told me not to run...but I did. So my time was not that great (o.k I will be honest....my time was horrible) But I am so glad I did it, and glad that I was able to accomplish this with my sister.
Us at the beginning. Amanda forgot her race bib at home....so she quickly went home to get it, and we were lucky to find each other like a minute before the race started!!!
Us at the beginning. Amanda forgot her race bib at home....so she quickly went home to get it, and we were lucky to find each other like a minute before the race started!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comments:
Congrats! Your hard work paid off! :)
Post a Comment