This might be a little to much information for some of you so proceed with caution. Wow this has been a crazy week. I am glad that is it over. Last Wednesday I woke up to feed Cameron in the night as usual, but my right breast was extremely sore and engorged. It was so painful. I fed Cameron and then grabbed an ice pack to bring to bed to sleep. A couple hrs later when Cameron woke me up to feed him again, I felt like I had the flu. I went to the doctors later that day, and they told me I had Mastitis. http://www.babycenter.com/0_mastitis_251.bc go to this website if you want to know more about it. Anyways I was to take antibiotics 4X/day, and was told to get lots of rest, and should feel better within the week. I am so upset that I got sick, I had started running and was feeling great.
Rich's Grandmother was rushed to the hospital that same day and was going into surgery due to an enlarged aorta, and other complications. While in surgery they noticed the aneurysm she had a few years ago had started leaking and had filled up her left side. After surgery she was stable but sedated to help with the recovery process. She seemed to be doing good until Thursday night when they had to increase her oxygen level. By Friday morning it was up to 100%. WE were informed she had no chance of living. She passed within minutes. She was such a wonderful lady. She was 83, her husband passed years ago from Cancer. she had 8 children, 25 grandchildren, 25 great grandchildren and 1 great great grandchild. She had a wonderful sense of humor and could make anyone smile. We will miss her a lot but we are glad she is with her husband again and she is no longer in pain.
So I have not rested. We were at the hospital for many hours and with the viewing and the funeral we have been non stop since last Wednesday. People kept telling me that I should go home and rest but I didn't want to leave anyone especially Rich. I wanted to be there to support everyone.
Grandma Wright you will be missed!!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Crazy I hope you are doing ok- I know the mastitis just kills. Let us know if we can help- I am so sorry about Rich's grandmother! When it rains it poors!
I am sorry to hear about Rich's grandmother's passing as well as your not feeling well. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Hey, I have mastitis in my right breast too! GO US! Fun, isn't it?
Post a Comment