Good News!!!! My Dad got a job offer! The bad news.....it's in Georgia. He has to report to work by October 1st. Right now we aren't sure if my mom and brothers are going to go down with him right away or if they are going to wait until the school year is over. Where does Maine fit into all of this you ask? My dad applied for this job in Maine. (which is only about an 1 1/2 drive as apposed to 1 1/2 day drive to Georgia...which would mean they would be closer to us) ...so he applied for this job in Maine but found that this company had their eye on this other candidate for I guess a few years now, so my dad wanted to talk with them to see if they would change their minds. I guess no such luck. So they are moving to Georgia. It will be hard having them so far away. Especially since they are my only "blood' family out here. I am sure there will be many trips to visit them. But even though my Dad didn't have any luck with the company we had a great time this past Friday at the beach in Maine.
While Dad was in the interview I found this really awesome park that had this water play area I guess you could call it. The boys loved it. It must of been on some sort of timer because water would spray out from various holes in the ground at different time. We had so much fun.
My sister and brother in law are in town. They also came to Maine.
You can see the light house...in the middle of the picture.
A closer view of the light house....not the prettiest one I have seen but it's the closet one to where we were. This picture was taken on a trail to the lighthouse....it would have been a great running trail. Rich and I will have to come here for a date, it was so beautiful.
Playing on in the sand on the beach.
Cameron taking a nap on uncle Abe
Grandpa and Aidan at the light house
Family pic by the light house...it was pretty windy, but very nice. Abe was taking the picture and Rich wasn't there...he was at work. I missed him so much and wished he could have been there. The kids just loved it.
This was on the way back from the light house. Jumping all of these rocks was so much fun and brought the kid out of me again....well if I didn't have one of the boys in my arms...I seem to be very cautious with them. So Aidan loved going with uncle Abe...the would jump over the cracks like it was nothing. It was pretty cool how they set up the rocks...it was like this all the way to the lighthouse and all the way around the lighthouse.Mom and Dad. Dad was pretending he was going to jump. His facial expression was priceless. I definitely want to go back this season with Rich. We had so much fun and the kids really enjoyed it. Did I mention we had a good time???? hehe








3 comments:
I'm sorry your family is moving away from you. It looks like you had fun in maine...and I am sure you'll enjoy many family adventures down to Georgia.
That's great that he got a job offer! You should go to Georgia... or TX ;-) Then we'd be closer! Do you know where in GA they're going?
They will be in Valdosta which is more southern, and very close to florida. I just mapquested Valdosta to Houston, hoping it would be somewhat close haha it's 12 hours away. Although it's a lot closer that NH, and it would be a doable weekend getaway. Like texas the price of living in Georgia is a lot cheaper in Nh...so our dream of being home oweners would be more of a reality. Seeing as how to get a decent house in Nh you are looking at over 200,000. unless of course we move to the boonies. hehe
Post a Comment